Designed for every child, at every age and ability
Kids play on smaller courts with modified equipment to make it easier, and more fun to progress. We have lighter racquets, lower nets, and tennis balls that don’t bounce too high – so they are easier to hit and chase down.
Our program develops kids mentally, and physically. A child’s early years are when fine motor skills are developed, and tennis is amazing for developing coordination, speed, strength, and agility.
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots is above all – FUN! Kid develop their social and problem-solving skills while playing in a team, and as individuals. Also, they learn how to cope with wins and loses fairly.
- Grab your free ANZ Tennis Hot Shots t-shirt
- Get pre-sale ticket access to the Australian Open and other tennis events
- Enter the ANZ Future Champs competition and get access to more money- can’t-buy experiences
Qualified coaches and volunteers
Qualified Tennis Australia coaches will help guide your kids every step of the way and with kids at their level. Some coaches offer free trial too!
In a few remote and regional areas where we do not have a coach, our great club volunteers run Hot Shots at the clubs. In these clubs, Tennis Hot Shots it is less about coaching and more about fun. Look out for “volunteer” when you search for Hot Shots if this is more your style, and you live in a remote or regional area.
All coaches and volunteers running Tennis Hot Shots have a valid Working With Children Check, and Police Check.
What to bring
- Racquet – If you don’t have one, no worries, ask if one can be provided
- Wear runners and comfortable sports clothes
- Wear a hat and sunscreen
- Bring a water bottle
- Made for beginners, aged from 3 to 12
- Times vary based on coach and stage, typically you can expect sessions to run for 30-60 minutes
- It varies from coach to coach. On average, a coach-run Tennis Hot Shots lesson can cost between $15-$30. Some coaches also offer a free trial