Siri shares her 2019 Australian Open experience
Naomi Osaka and Novak Djokovic were not the only winners at Australian Open 2019 – so were the 1500 ANZ Tennis Hot Shots kids who played at Melbourne Park.
Meet Siri, a lucky ANZ Tennis Hot Shots player who hit at Rod Laver Arena as part of an ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Kids on Court experience.
The seven-year-old, who plays regularly at Fitzroy Tennis Club in Victoria, was also lucky enough to complete the coin toss before a second round match between Roger Federer and Daniel Evans.
Siri shares her thoughts on her Australian Open experience:
- How did it feel playing on Rod Laver Arena and being a part of the Australian Open?
It was an awesome experience I will never forget!
- What is your favourite thing about the Australian Open?
Drinking slushies on the very hot days!
- What is your favourite shot and why?
I love the forehand, I like the way it makes you move your body.
- How did it feel doing meeting Roger Federer and Daniel Evans?
I was very nervous but also really excited!
- Will we see you out on court at the Australian Open next year?